Wednesday 23 November 2011

Book Review-Blood Promise (Vampire Academy #4)

I RECOMMEND THAT IF YOU HAVE NOT READ THE FIRST THREE BOOK THAT YOU DO NOT READ THIS DUE TO SPOILER ALERT.  

Rose Hathaway's life will never be the same. 

The recent attack on St. Vladimir's Academy devastated the entire Moroi world. Many are dead. And, for 

the few victims carried off by Strigoi, their fates are even worse. A rare tattoo now adorns Rose's neck, a 

mark that says she's killed far too many Strigoi to count. But only one victim matters . . . Dimitri Belikov. 

Rose must now choose one of two very different paths: honoring her life's vow to protect Lissa—her best 

friend and the last surviving Dragomir princess—or, dropping out of the Academy to strike out on her own 

and hunt down the man she loves. She'll have to go to the ends of the earth to find Dimitri and keep the 

promise he begged her to make. But the question is, when the time comes, will he want to be saved? 

Now, with everything at stake—and worlds away from St. Vladimir's and her unguarded, vulnerable, and 

newly rebellious best friend—can Rose find the strength to destroy Dimitri? Or, will she sacrifice herself 

for a chance at eternal love?



The forth and one of the most heart breaking books in the Vampire Academy series. When I sit down to read one of these books I  cannot stop reading. This book....well, at parts it did other parts it didn't. 

COVER: The first time I saw the cover my sister had brought it home for a present to  me along with the other books in the series. Yep, my sister's awesome. This cover isn't my favorite one but it isn't the worst either -coughVampireAcademycough- I love how she has the Nazar around her neck too.

PLOT: The plot is absolutely amazing-not that I would expect anything less from Mead. Rose has come such a long way from the clueless -sorry to say but a bit slutly- teen ager that she started as in the first book. And Dimitri is a big part of that, and for her to go out on this quest, group everything to put him out of his misery-even if he doesn't even know that the real him is screaming at him-it is one of the biggest acts of bravery that anyone could preform, I mean, think about it, if you loved someone with all your heart, the very first person you fell in love with, would you have the strength to keep a promise as massive as that? 

THE WORLD: I have never been out of the state I've grown up in even through I have a father who has lived in Portugal, India and other places all through out the world, I have never set foot out of Victoria (which sucks) I love how this was set in Russia, a place I have a strong-if not unhealthy-love for. I love how Mead sets out settings, it is wonderful, most of the time you can imagine yourself in Rose's place. I loved how you meet knew people, from the Unpromised, to Blood Whores, to the Striogi that she finds herself trapped with. 


THE CHARACTERS: Rose is so more mature than she was in the first books, she's grown into her rule of being a Guardian and she is still loyal to the people she loves. She has high principles which are tested a lot in this novel and she still stands by them. With everything that had happened in Shadow Kissed you just expect her to break down crying about Dimitri and about the lives lost, but she only dose twice one time it's when she's drugged out from vamp bites-she wasnt acting normally because of the drugging affect  it has on human and dhpamirs-and the over is when she sees Lissa again at the end of the book.
Lissa is.....unstable. She changes back to the party animal she used to be but the reason behind it is very shocking-it isn't even her doing-and very surprising. She eventually changes but into the Lissa we all know and love but when she is the animal I very much wanted to slap her.
Dimitri-well, he obviously isnt the same. He is twisted at times and it is like he is using Rose as a water bottle-yeah, horrible saying but I couldnt think of anything else. There are times, Ill admit, he seems like he still loves her but at those times I would shake myself and remind myself about the ending of the third book. At those times I would slam the book and sulk for a hour or two. 
Adrian-this is really ironic but I know a Adrian and he is very much like the VA Adrian. He is the same sarcastic, warm, slightly mad Adrian but we see a different side to him, he is much like my brother is towards me towards Jill, protective, a little teasing.....like a older brother. He really reminds me of someone who was falling in love and maybe he was, maybe he was finally falling for Rose whereas he used to just want a relationship with her but he wasnt in love with her. I'm actually at a dead end, I was on Team Dimitri but now...I'm not so sure. 

I love the book series and I am sure that the final two are gonna be amazing, she does wonderful cliffhangers.

Five stars out of five.  

No comments:

Post a Comment